5 steps to Create what you want in life
Posted on November 23, 2011 12:00:00am, by Gerrianne Clare
Do you know what YOU want in life?
Are you living by someone else's rules as to how you show up and act in the world?
If there was one thing you could change in how you are showing up, what would it be?
When you find yourself feeling disillusioned with life, what can you do? After all, there are so many things that impact our lives, it is easy to feel powerless.
Here are 5 steps to help you create the life you want
1) Get clear on what you want - not what you DON'T want, but what YOU DO want. Spend time reflecting on this, let other's expectations take a back seat to your dreams and desires
2) Ask yourself - what is getting in my way? Often times our beliefs about what we deserve, what we should want and others opinions play a big part in holding us back from going for our dreams. What is getting in your way
3) SET the INTENTION - this means "set the belief, thoughts and actions" in motion for you to accomplish your goals. It is like having a "background thought" with how you go through your day. For example, you can set the intention that "I can accomplish anything I choose". This becomes your background thought, your beliefs align with this and watch as time seems to expand to allow this to happen. When ever you find yourself wavering from your goal, go back to your intention, write it out, keep it front and center in your mind.
4) Be conscious of how you are showing up that are getting you closer to and also further away from your goals. Be aware of what you are doing to help and also ways you sabatoge. This awareness will go a long way at helpin gyou get closer to your goals.
5) Celebrate your accomplishments, days when you stayed true to your intentions. This celebration is key to continuing to move closer to your goals. By acknowledging and celebrating your accomplishments you are setting yourself up to recognize wins in your life.
Let me know what you notice as you put these steps into action to create the life you want.